2006年8月6日星期日

Hugh

Copy from http://www.iyengarnyc.org/faculty4.html

Hugh Millard has studied yoga since 1991 and taught Iyengar Yoga since 1997. He has studied twice in India with the Iyengar family; his primary teachers are Mary Dunn and Manouso Manos.

Hugh is also a painter, and he finds both comparisons and contrasts between the two pursuits, he says. “As practices, both painting and doing yoga are things that I live, that are expressions of who I am".

“Yoga is more systematic, more scientific, and has had a therapeutic effect on my life. It has helped me gain strength and clarity in all aspects of my life. I teach in order to give others some of what yoga has given me. That is my inspiration as a teacher.”

He describes his yoga teaching style as “patient, hopeful, exacting and a little humorous,” and he advises new students, “Know why you are doing yoga, and don’t give up.”

没有评论: