2006年3月29日星期三

A moment at Columbia

Mimic of Lin Yutang's A Moment in Peking.

Not sure how they get it, but I think it is really smart shot.

Sometimes you stay in one place for long, stick to one person for long, or stay in same mindset for long, you gradually lost your interests in the subject. nevertheless, if you watch from another one's perspective, you might just find a new land, a new lover, or a whole new world.

Mom will travel to Tianjing today for my grandfather and uncle's memorial service this weekend. However, nobody will take care of my father this year. It has been 7 long years, I don't think I can recall exactly what he looked and how he liked me and the best times we spent together. One memory clip always comes back to me. It was a rainy day in Aug and he helped me to move to Chang Ping campus to start my college life. We sat on the bus back from Changping and we didn't talk to each other. But I felt I was so close to him and language was not needed between us. And that sense of leaving and departing transforms into eternity now. I ask myself, how should I remember him? Just as I always ask myself, how should I remember my days and nights here at Columbia?

No answer, only question this time. Sorry!

没有评论: