2007年10月2日星期二

我的求学生涯 My wandering years in U.S.

在美国,我的求学生涯是这样开始的。
In U.S., I started my humble academic career this way.
刚到的时候,我还很不懂事,对这个资本主义世界充满了好奇。
When I just arrived, I knew almost nothing about this capitalism world and was full of curiocity.

有的时候,很害羞,不知道怎么和这个世界打交道。

Sometimes, I was too shy to communicate with this world.

在纽约这个大都市里,我被自己的命运所摆布,不知道下一步该往何处去。

When I came to New York, I was manipulated by my fate. Ihad no idea where my path would lead me to.
很多时候,我束手待毙,等待命运的安排。
Many times, I had no control over my life and waited to be sacrificed on the alter of destiney.
或者干脆放弃,充分享受生活中的每一顿早餐,午餐和晚餐。 Or, I just gave it up and enjoyed each meal of my remaining days.
孤独的时候,我想象着自己毕业以后的自由生活。
When I felt lonely, I imagined the free life after graduate school.
或者干脆一个人坐着发呆。
Or, I simply sat there in my vegetable state.
有的时候是在忍不下去了,我也会偶尔露一下我的牙齿。
Occasionally, I could not bear it anymore and I would show my teeth!
我的导师实在是太忙了。
My academic advisor was always too busy to take care of me.
而且,现在的研究生这么不值钱,在那个国家都是这么得多!
Damn! Why there were so many cheap graduate students in every country!
有的时候,我幻想会有一个白马王子就我于水火。
Sometimes, I dreamed about Prince Charming who would come and rescue me.
白马大叔也凑合了。
I would be fine even with a uncle of Prince Charming.
可是他始终没来,只有我一个人在危险的生活边缘徘徊。
However, nobody came. I was playing on the verge of my dangeous life alone.
现在,我终于要毕业了。哎,毕业的时候怎么也这么拥挤! Now, I am about to graduate! Gosh, why there are so many of us who graduate? 我对下一步生活的梦想嘛,这个,还用说吗? As for my dream for future, it is quite simple. 你都知道了哈!讨厌! You know it already, right!

没有评论: