2007年2月11日星期日

Multifunctional lover

Yesterday, we spent the night together and Yijia had a wonderful comment on love. She said in U.S. most Chinese couples were more close and supportive of each other than in our home country.
The reason was quite simple: because here your lover/husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend is not only your spiritual company, he/she is also your family, your friend, your parent, your relative, your psychological couselor, your pressure-releaser, your financial support, your medical insurance and your constant sex partner. So everyone in relationship is a multifunctional lover! As a result, his or her care means much more to you and you count more on such relationship.
This morning, I looked back to the past several years. Do I regret that I walk this long way alone? Do I regret I had to bring 20 pounds of rice from Chinatown to home alone? Do I regret I did not develop any intimate relationship with another human being? Do I regret I am who I am? Not really, I guess. I get friends they are my family, friends, parents, relatives, psychological couselor, pressure-releaser, financial support, medical insurance. I feel lucky to have them by my side.
Thank you all for being my friends!

没有评论: