2007年5月4日星期五

Journey is the reward

Yesterday night, I did my first Live Classroom with four of my students and one technical supporter and one mentor faculty. I was nervous at the beginning and talked nonsense during the middle of the course and throw out jokes in the end. So it was quite a drama. I never try or imagine I can non-stop talking English to a screen for two hours.
Although I have two backup supporters, I was hardly able to handle multiple tasks—watching my PPT presentation and discuss about it, switching back and forth between PPT and my SPSS program and sharing my desktop with students, answering questions from students who sent in their questions with text message. It was really for me a LIVE Classroom. The mentor faculty told me later that he was satisfied with my teaching, and I admitted I was almost freak out during the session because of the time limit and my lack of experience with Live Classroom. I think I learn a lot of things from it and it is worthy my effort. And students like it, too. The whole session was recorded, so for those who were not able to attend the session, they can download the pod cast and play it later. The technique is pretty cool and I think I can do better later.
I never give too much a thought for teaching. I think all the teachers are natural talent and when it comes to my turn, I have to say: wait a minute, it might not be true. Maybe it is the teaching that makes an ordinary intimidating person become a great master in the classroom (or in virtue world for my case), rather than only the gifted can teach. Teaching makes doubt what I have learnt so far, reflect those I used to think as given, and try to make my understanding clear and concise. The flow of teaching is a reflection of my thinking and my understanding. It makes me feel good and confident about myself.
Maybe I could become a teacher, a good teacher, in the future. It certainly will take a lot of work, successful and unsuccessful, but someone says this before: the journey is the reward.

没有评论: