2007年9月1日星期六

Move to NYU

I moved to NYU yesterday. Friday afternoon around West 4th street was nice and quiet. People were walking their dogs and enjoying the sunshine and the mild wind. I was thinking about the moving as tedious process, and it turned out to be fun. The local grocery stores were very pricey (at least one third more expensive than Apple Tree and out University Store ) and I felt I was even poorer immediately. The cozy city life makes me feel I am totally a rural drifter falling into cosmopolitan. Columbia suddenly becomes distant and rural and quiet. Am I in the heart of the city now? Is this feeling of uneasiness totally normal for a person standing in the turmoil of the city? Unfortunately, it only happens when I am about to life this wonderful town. I almost have the illusion that I was a freshman again and moved into college again. How life has changed since the beautiful and peaceful September of 1995! Moving makes me become nostalgia, even though I am not sure what I am nostalgia about.

没有评论: